Member Login

Member Login

4th Annual Riding for Heroes - Mar 22

• Forum Admin
  • Forum Admin's Avatar Topic Author
More
06 Feb 2015 02:14 #144 by Forum Admin
4th Annual Riding for Heroes - Mar 22 was created by Forum Admin
Treasure Coast Cycling Association (TCCA) is hosting its 4th Annual Riding for Heroes benefiting the LCpl Justin J. Wilson Memorial Foundation, Inc. We would like to cordially invite Florida Freewheelers members to join us for our premier event. I would also be happy to discuss group discounts for 10 or more preregistered riders.

TCCA members have consistently participated in the Horrible Hundred event over the last several years. Please provide a direct email address so that I may send you our event flyer to share. We hope you will consider and/or encourage your members to participate and join us on March 22nd.

Riders may select from (4) ride lengths of 40, 56, 80, and 105 miles departing from LCpl Justin J. Wilson Park, Palm City, FL starting at 7:30AM.

All routes proceed along lightly traveled flat roadways with very few traffic signals or stop signs! The awesome 105 mile route takes cyclists west through the picturesque farmlands, ranchettes, undisturbed woods, and wetlands of western Martin County till reaching the northeastern shores of Lake Okeechobee. At this point, cyclists proceed north through the City of Okeechobee until arriving at the Okie-Tantie Campground & Marina Rest Stop at mouth of the Kissimmee River. From here, cyclists begin their return trip south atop the Herbert Hoover Dike along the paved section of the Lake Okeechobee Scenic Trail (LOST) until reaching Port Mayaca. Upon reaching Port Mayaca, cyclists will exit the trail, turn northeast, and pass through historic Indiantown before returning to LCpl Justin J. Wilson Park.

for more information click [here]

If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please contact me at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

John F. Goings
President - TCCA
772-485-0353

Please Log in to join the conversation.