Member Login

Member Login

RAGBRAI 2014

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Dec 2013 04:17 #66 by Guest
RAGBRAI 2014 was created by Guest
In less than a month the 2014 route for the Register’s Annual Great Bicycle Ride Across Iowa – RAGBRAI – will be known to the world. And it will be time to get serious about planning your ride through the corn.

On January 25, RAGBRAI officials will name the eight overnight towns, and only a few hours later, our outfitter – PorkBelly Ventures (pkbelly.com) – will begin accepting applications to support riders on the weeklong ride across Iowa from the Missouri to the Mississippi River in the cozy company of 20,000 fellow cyclists.

It’s a bicycle spectacle that every avid rider needs to experience at least once, which will permanently endear you to the people, places, pork and pie of Iowa.

RAGBRAI is always the last full week of July, which makes RAGBRAI 2014 July 19-26.

Sharing the road with 20,000 riders is not as daunting as it may sound. Pork Belly will shrink all the difficult stuff – like finding your bags, a cold drink, warm shower or a place to pitch your tent – into simple, manageable little tasks. Then all you have to do is enjoy the scenery by day and the fellowship of friends and live music at night.

PorkBelly also makes it easy to get there and get home, such as airport shuttles and cross-Iowa bus charters to allow you to leave your car at the last town then catch a ride for you and your bike to the first overnight town.

To get the information straight from the Porkers’ mouths, contact Tammy or Pete at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..

If you want to be associated with your Fellow Florida Freewheelers both as a RAGBRAI team and grouped together in the PorkBelly activities, please claim membership to our team – FLFreewheelers. Please take note of how it’s spelled, because computers read the applications and FLFreewheelers is not the same as Floridafreewheelers.

RAGBRAI requires credentials, which you can apply for at RAGBRAI.com. In the spot where you’re asked for a team name, remember: You’re a member of FLFreewheelers. By entering as a team member, you’re a winner as soon as any member of the FLFreewheelers is chosen in the RAGBRAI lottery.

Then sign up with PorkBelly as soon after January 25th as possible. They’re as good as it gets for RAGBRAI outfitters and they have no trouble filling the ranks.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
31 Dec 2013 05:08 #67 by Kathie Smith
Replied by Kathie Smith on topic RAGBRAI 2014
I'm definitely going to RAGBRAI this year, it has always been on my bucket list. And Pork Belly Ventures is a given. I just have to work out the travel details after the routes are announced and registration is available. I can hardly wait! Let's do this Freewheelers.

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Dec 2013 17:37 #68 by Guest
Replied by Guest on topic RAGBRAI 2014
Minus travel to IA, what is the cost?

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Dec 2013 17:37 #69 by Guest

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Dec 2013 17:37 #70 by Guest

• Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
31 Dec 2013 18:01 #71 by Guest
I'm riding and "claimed" our team name.

Group: FLFreewheelers (43419)

I also reached out to Tami and Pete regarding outfitting.

Thank you,

Eric