To register for Wild Wild West VI, log in to the FFW website,
click on the WWW tab, and fill in the information.
Registration closes April 15.
The sixth annual Wild Wild West Memorial Day weekend bike tour is on the horizon. Once again we’ll be saddling up our horses and riding from Clermont to Inverness and back, with an excursion day in between.
The WWW6 itinerary:
- Lock and load. Arrive at the ride start and load up your bags. This is a fully supported tour, so you don’t have to carry any extra weight.
- Hit the road. After a pre-ride briefing you’ll have all the time in the world for a scenic 70-mile ride. Lunch options will abound. There will be a sag vehicle providing road support if you need it.
- Arrive at the villas. Our Inverness home for this bike tour is a golf course community with individual villas, all fully stocked and all with swimming pools. Spend the afternoon napping, swimming, relaxing, or partying.
- Group dinner at The Big House. Our Chief of the Chuckwagon will make sure that everybody is well fed. The Big House is our central meeting point for meals, excursions, and rides.
- Evening activities are up to you. What happens in Inverness stays in Inverness.
- Breakfast at The Big House. There will be plenty to eat to fuel your day.
- Excursion day. Choose from airboat riding, kayaking, zip-lining, golf, hiking, swimming, riding, shopping, or just laying out by the pool. You can make your own lunch or head down the Withlacoochee Trail on your bike and have lunch in the quaint town of Inverness. Shuttles will be provided to transport you to your off-site excursions.
- Enjoy the afternoon however you’d like. Take advantage of the peace and quiet of the wild west or stir up a ruckus with your friends.
- Western sizzlin’ cookout at The Big House. Wear your western get-ups and join the rest of the gang for a poolside cookout. There will be plenty of good times, good stories, good friends.
- Breakfast at The Big House. There will be many options to fuel your ride back.
- Lock and load in reverse. The bag wagon will make its way to all the villas to pick up bags.
- Hit the road. Depart from The Big House on your 63-mile return ride. The sag wagon will have leftovers and plenty of water and Gatorade for anyone who wants it.
- Some people get in a few bonus miles by making a side trip to the Florida National Cemetery, a truly special place to visit on Memorial Day.
- Arrive in Clermont. Grab your bags, hug your friends, and drive off into the sunset.
The tour will be from May 26-28. The cost is $110 which covers lodging (double occupancy), two dinners, two breakfasts, ride maps, cue sheets, well-marked roads, and vehicle support. Excursions are not included.
This is a first come first served tour and is only available to FFW members.
There are limited spaces available.